Saturday, January 02, 2010

My "Theme" for 2010

I've known my theme for some time.....but struggled with how to express it...how to word it. I read this yesterday as it was sent through a list I am on and the words were there for me...

Sr. Carmela of the Holy Spirit OCD to Jesus:

“I think of this new year as a white page given to me by Your Father, on which He will write, day by day, whatever His divine good pleasure has planned. I shall now write at the top of the page, with complete confidence: Lord, do with me what You will, and at the bottom I already write my Amen to all the proposals of Your divine will. Yes Lord, yes to all the joys, the sorrows, the graces, the hardships prepared for me, which You will reveal to me day by day. Grant that my Amen my be the Paschal Amen, always followed by the Alleluia, uttered wholeheartedly, in the joy of a complete gift. Give me Your love and Your grace, and I shall be rich enough.”

Divine Intimacy page 108 (HIGHLY recommend this book)

Sometimes I struggle, struggle against the blessings and grace our Lord wants to give me because it is usually combined with some struggle. I'm a wimp...plain and simple. So preseverance is my stance, combined with a yes to all He chooses to prepare for me.

No comments: